Enjoy a better than usual meal.
2. What's the worst movie you've ever seen?
Bitter Moon. Roman Polanski directed. I would have walked out but I didn't drive.
3. Have you ever seen someone die?
4. Describe a favorite memory.
Pretty much any of many beach vacations.
5. If you could choose one place on earth to live, where would that be?
I have fond memories of Copenhagen. I think I'd like to live there for awhile if I ever get the chance. I do miss NYC and if I could get paid enough to actually afford to live there (not just scrap by) I'd jump at the chance.
6. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
Unfortunately that stupid Blurred Lines song. It's on everywhere I go. It's not so much stuck in my head as stuck on every radio station.
7. Did you have braces?
8. What is the last book you bought?
I found a copy of Demented by Ethan Mordden at a second hand store. hard cover. I'm very happy to re-read that.
9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy recently?
No beach vacation this year (or the last two). It sucks to be a poor grad student. I'm hoping that's about over.
10. What do you want most in life?
A secure job and a stable future.
11. Are you in love?
12. Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
Both, but I do love a good novel. I have to read too much nonfiction for school.
13. What does your Livejournal name mean?
Back in the olden times when Pluto was still a planet I was in a chatroom with a soprano who was using the screen name Off-coloratura. That's a reference to PDQ Bach's one-act opera The Stoned Guest. In that opera the characters are all rescued by a St Bernard. The dog's part is listed as a Houndentenor role. I used the name that day, people liked it, and I'm still using it all over the interwebs.
14. What kind of person do you think you are?
Just a human with all the pros and cons that come with being one.
15. Do you believe there is nothing higher than human kind?
I am not sure what that means. The question seems to presume things that I'm not sure are true. Are we the highest of living things? By what criteria would we determine that?
16. Which fictional character could you most see yourself marrying?
Dr. David Sawyer (The New Normal)
17. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Fritz Wunderlich, George Gershwin, T.S. Eliot, Olivia Newton John
18. Name an obvious quality you have.
19. Do you have an all time favorite song?
Imagine (John Lennon)
20. What type of friends do you like?
Smart, funny and reliable.